Monday, May 18, 2009

F the postal service!

When winter break came around and I was going to the UK with the girls, I had too much stuff to carry on said crappy cheap airlines, so I sent a duffle bag to Mads in Denmark, sure it was to arrive before I got there.

Little did I know, the post office has it in for me.

Apparently, they dropped the bag off when he wasn’t home, but left a note so he went online, followed the instructions (Danish, of course!) and asked them to leave the bag at his doorstep on the next delivery time, whether or not he was home. Well, instead of doing this, stupid DPD sent the bag BACK to the Netherlands!

I had Mads on one phone trying to get a tracking number from the Danish side, and Emiel on the other trying to get a Dutch tracking number.

Nevertheless, nothing worked out in my favor. I called twice a month for the last 4 months, and eventually some lady SNAIL MAILed me a form to fill out about my bag, and a fax number to send it to. Weeks later, I keep calling and they say if an “investigation is being launched” they have no way to look up the info. BS!

So, almost 5 months after the initial sending of said bad luck package, Emiel gives it one last shot for me. And what does he find out? There is no fax number to send these forms to, so some lady lied to me. TNT Post has no idea what they are doing with their lives, and failed to tell me that there is a DPD Post in the NL as well, and that I could have called them. And between their Dutch speaking frenzy, Emiel got a form mailed to his parents who filled it out, and within 5 days they had my package, and now it is safe back at Mad’s house, its original resting place. Now that I’m in Ireland.

REALLY SARAH!?!?! Cool life you live.

No comments: