Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A list of goals

In light of recent events, I've begun to compile a short list of things I want to accomplish in this life. Nothing big, and certainly more needs to be added, but a good way of putting my thoughts down and realizing what is important to me, even if it seems trivial.
1. Learn to play the guitar. My voice may make ears bleed, so in turn I will suffer from eternally blistered fingers.
2. Have half as many friends as my grandparents do in their 80's. If I can do that, I know I'll have people around me that truly care.
3. Sew my own clothes. For some reason, I just want to.
4. Learn to fix a bike. Living here proves this to be relevant knowledge that I apparently lack.
5. Bake a batch of cookies that isn't flat. I need to master this to get anywhere, in my opinion.
6. Meet someone famous. Maybe they won't be on the front pages of magazines, but being famous to me counts one hell of a lot.
7. Stop over-thinking. Bad quality of mine.
8. Keep a journal. Preferably written.
9. Read Love in the Time of Cholera. It sits next to my bed, I look at it everyday, and it is yet to bed read.
10. Write something that makes a difference to someone, somewhere.
11. Find someone who I can tell why I secretly love my nose.  

No comments: