Sunday, March 8, 2009

In shock

About many things. The first of which is that there is SUN outside my window today! We took a bike ride to the Bazar market, and it rained on us the whole way home, and then the sun of course came out right when we got inside. Story of my life...

I'm also in shock as to how this chick next door can incessantly play her stupid flute without getting ANY better. I really don't think she has improved at all in the last 2 months.

Which brings me to my next point...its been 2 months since I've been here! And it's March, means I only have about 3 1/2 more months here...and that scares me. And makes me sad. I am missing home, but thinking about leaving everything I know here and all my amazing friends...I just don't know how I'll do it!

Speaking of friends, this month is going to be awesome! I'm leaving Thursday to drive to Nuremberg with my 2 German friends, then from there I will catch a train to Prague. I'll spend the weekend alone, then the girls are meeting me there on Monday, and we're renting an apartment for dirt cheap for the week. I'm working on an article about media in the 20 years since the fall of Communism, and how its changed. That Friday, I fly to London to meet up with Barbie! We'll stay there for a bit, then fly to Århus for a few days, then some time in Copenhagen before she leaves me :(  Then its back here to Skjoldhøj to perfect my articles...



On a different note, I think I need to make a dedication to Lee Walton, who I have known since elementary school. He died this past week (service was yesterday). The worst part is, he committed suicide. When I think back to him, all I can see is a huge smile across his face (and possibly a cast on his arm, or leg, or wrist..) I know I wasn't close to him, but I wish I could have done something to help him. Who knew if he was reaching out to anyone, or had anyone to reach to in the first place. I hope my friends know they can always talk to me if they feel unhappy or depressed... it's just not worth it to take your life or have to suffer when someone else does. I hope he is in a better place now.


No comments: